It’s Friday! And I have the day off! The perks of working for City Government, we’re observing Veteran’s Day today. Anyway, I’m not taking the day off from the blog, I’m here for my weekly dose of happy with Charlotte and Lindsay and my Peaceful Posse gang! Let’s look back at the things that were good or made me happy this week.
(1) We finished Stranger Things 2 as I pretty much predicted we would. And I was very satisfied. And I am already going through withdrawal waiting for the next season. BUT I managed to snag the famous Science Museum hoodie for me and for Ollie, so win!
(2) Seeing Ilana Glazer and Phoebe Robinson from Broad City in a comedy show last Saturday with Jen. I laughed so hard, it was a great night!
(3) Streaming Friends on my phone in bed at night. No it’s not the healthiest thing ever, they say you shouldn’t do that but I don’t care. I’ve been sleeping just fine and I haven’t done a round of Friends in awhile. Sometimes you need that mindless fluff!
(4) Ollie’s finally trying to wear underwear. I’m not going to talk about the potty stuff and how he’s almost four and all of that. I’m just going to celebrate this victory.
(5) Making a new muffin recipe and having them turn out well. I made Pecan Pie muffins from Betty Crocker. Nate loves Pecan Pie and he really liked the muffins! I thought they were good too.
(6) Swimming at the community center with my boys. We haven’t done it in a long time, but Ollie asked to go last weekend so we did. He was timid at first but built some confidence rather quickly. I am so glad we went.
(7) Everything about this picture of my boys. Ollie was in a weird mood last week where he didn’t want daddy around much, but has more or less reconciled with him now and I caught a sweet moment of them sitting together. I love them more than they can know.
(8) A taproom lunch. As I’ve mentioned we’ve cut back on beer a bit but after swimming last weekend stopped by a favorite taproom of ours for just one pint and it was nice to be back there again.
(9) Snuggles with a cat on a cold night. Pippin’s a big time winter cat. She keeps me warm.
(10) As I mentioned already, I am not at work today! I have Ollie’s school conference and then we’re heading to the Children’s Museum to enjoy our time off together!
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Let us not forget our Veterans and all they have done for us. I am pretty thankful for some special ones in my life – my uncles and my dad. Thank you Veterans for your service.
Feel free to link up with us below and be sure to check out the other posts!