Fri-yay again! It was a pretty quick week all things considered with Halloween in there. Next week is a short one too, I’m lucky to have next Friday off for Veteran’s Day. But we’re getting ahead of ourselves. It’s time for my weekly look at the good things and things that made me happy or grateful this week with my bloggy gals Charlotte and Lindsay. Let’s look back!
(1) This necklace my sweet boy made me (with help from grandma) the other day. He was so excited to give it to me and insisted I wear it home. It warmed my heart so much.
(2) Stranger Things 2….oh my god. I can’t get enough. We have watched it every night since last Friday and will be done soon and then I’ll be sad. Who knew I loved sci-fi so much?
(3) Picking up lunch from Pimento last Sunday. Nate’s home cooked Jamaican food is still my favorite, but if we don’t have the time to make it, Pimento’s is a close second.
(4) Watching my little artist get so excited to paint his pumpkin on the night before Halloween. He was proud of his masterpiece!
(5) The fact that we were all healthy for Halloween this year! Last year Ollie and I were both sick. And as I mentioned yesterday, we really had a fun Halloween.
(6) Enjoying a fun playdate at Jen’s last Sunday afternoon. Ollie hadn’t had a chance to see her girls for awhile now, though they send each other Marco Polo videos back and forth which is the cutest thing. But anyway, the kids played nicely together AND I got to cuddle my squishy Millie who is getting BIG. And of course have a nice chat with my co-Unicorn!
(7) Sugar High. Most of the rest of the year we don’t keep candy around the house, but we obviously bought some for Halloween, plus the candy Ollie received as well, so we have chocolate coming out of our ears! And I’m kind of loving it.
(8) I had another middle of the night wake up call from Ollie the other night, he wanted water and for me to lay with him. This time though I got up to leave when I heard him drift back off to sleep. He rolled over and instead of begging me to come back just said sleepily “thanks for the water mama. Sweet dreams.” OH MY HEART THIS KID.
(9) Our little village that loves Ollie so much. I mentioned we made about four stops on Halloween night between grandparents, auntie and psuedo grandparents and let me tell you, this kid is LOVED. And we are so blessed to have this amazing support system.
(10) A new appreciation for wine. We’re big on beer at our house as I’ve talked about a lot, but for reasons that I won’t get into right now we’ve been switching to a little more wine lately and I forgot how much I do enjoy a nice glass of it here and there.
And there you have it once again! This coming weekend should be a good one. No major plans tonight. Tomorrow evening I’m going to a comedy show with Jen featuring Ilana Glazer who stars in Broad City. Sunday has no major plans either. It’s nice to have a calm weekend for a change! I hope you all have a great one! Please feel free to link up with the ladies and I below and show the other folks some love!