Oh you guys. This week has been another WEEK. Ollie was sick, I’m suffering a lovely cold, it’s snowing outside today, work has been a bit nuts. I could be cranky, but I’m instead just being grateful that it’s Friday and that the weekend is here and we’re getting to peak Halloween time. And to help boost my mood, it’s time for What’s Up Weekend with my girls Charlotte and Lindsay. Even with it being a yuck week at times there are still plenty of things making me happy and that I’m grateful for! Let’s take a look, shall we?
(1) We got our family pictures back from my friend Erin and they are adorable as always. And as usual I can’t pick a favorite. I have two here I’ll share, one of the three of us and one of my ham-bone child, ha!
(2) I upgraded my old iPhone to a new one! I had cracked the screen on my old one, the lease was up on it and it was just time for a new one. The best part of my new one? I added additional storage. HUGE difference. I no longer have to delete everything. Yay for that.
(3) Halloween crafts with my favorite little guy. They don’t really do Halloween crafts at Ollie’s school, so I found a few ideas online to make with him. We did a paper plate pumpkin, cotton ball ghost and Q-tip skeletons.
(4) Wine and cheese night at home with my favorite date. We haven’t done a wine and cheese night style date night in quite awhile and it was lovely. Nate also found us a delicious dessert that was a cross between a chocolate tort and a baklava. It was good.
(5) Playing ghosts with Ollie before work. We made little ghosts out of Kleenex. He was a little confused at first but kind of started to get the hang of it. He told me to take my ghost to work with me. I promised to take pictures of my ghost doing things.
(6) Super fun mail. I can’t wait to share with you next week the fun #SPBox Fall Swap box I received from my awesome swap partner San of The Inbetween Is Mine.
(7) Fun times at the Children’s Museum with Ollie as I mentioned in yesterday’s post. I’m looking forward to the next time we go!
(8) Being able to take the afternoon off to stay home and cuddle my kiddo when he wasn’t feeling good the other day. And the fact that he got over whatever it was very quickly!
(9) Playing the “how did we meet” GIF game on Facebook. I laughed so hard. I have the best friends ever out there.
(10) We finished season one of Stranger Things just in time for the new season that is out TODAY! Woo hoo!
See, there is always something to be grateful for! And I’ll admit, while I don’t love snow in October, looking out the window it kind of looks like a snow globe right now. And it’s kind of pretty. There, I said it. Looking ahead to the weekend I have a little pampering with a hair appointment and I am singing at church (hoping my voice will be ok!) and hopefully some down time too. We have some pumpkins to decorate too so I’m guessing that will happen!
Be sure to check out the other folks linking up with us below and feel free to add your own post as well! Have a great weekend!