Happy Friday friends! I hope you all had a great week! As always on Fridays I’m hosting the weekly What’s Up Weekend post with my girls Charlotte of My Pixie Blog and Lindsay from The Flynnigans. I love this chance to look back at the good from the week! Here’s a look at the things making me happy today!
(1) Date night with my favorite person. While our original plans didn’t 100% pan out, I had a great time out with my husband last Saturday. We hadn’t gone out just the two of us in awhile, so it was a great treat!
(2) Stranger Things. We are SOOO late to the party on this. We tried watching it when it was first out last year and watched the first episode and never watched any others and I honestly don’t know why. So now we’re binging it in preparation for season two and I am in love. I’m not much for scary things usually but this show is just so good.
(3) Hanson in concert. Yes I am still a 15 year old girl. I kid, but man I had a good time the other night with Jen and a couple of friends of hers who have by extension become friends of mine. And yes, they did play Mmmbop, but I was more excited about hearing Penny and Me live.
(4) Silent Journey at Ollie’s school. Every year the parents are invited to an evening where we go into the classroom, for the first half hour we look at all the tools they use but we don’t talk. The second half hour the teachers do presentations and explain what they do. This year we got a little more out of it because Ollie talks at home more about what he’s working on. And it was so fun seeing it in person.
(5) New KEEP stuff. We won’t talk about whether or not this is considered breaking my secondhand challenge. Actually I read a great post from a fellow thrifter that if you’re supporting a local business it is just as good as secondhand. I’m supporting my friend’s business. Anyway, I got some stuff during a recent sale and I love it all. A plaid bracelet you guys. PLAID.
(6) Nate finished the stairs on our deck so the deck project is truly officially done! And now it’s pretty much almost winter. Oh well. We’ll enjoy the finished product next summer for sure!
(7) I’m a painter! After I did the paint night with my work a few weeks ago I told Nate how relaxing I find it and so he helped set me up with my own paint studio at home (aka my dining room for now). I found a step by step video on YouTube and painted a coffee cup last Saturday. I’m pretty impressed with how it turned out. I’m not a professional, but that’s ok!
(8) Finally being able to put the comforter back on our bed. I love snuggling under it when it’s chilly at night. Of course it means it’s harder to get up in the morning, but man it’s like being wrapped in a hug.
(9) Sleepy morning snuggles with my favorite little guy. I am eating them up while he wants them, that is for sure.
(10) Halloween decorations. I bought some window clings at Target and Ollie and I had a ton of fun putting them up on our window at home. I’m just loving Halloween this year!
So that’s the latest from here! Looking ahead to the weekend I think we’re going to the pumpkin patch tomorrow and then I’m helping throw a baby shower for Nate’s cousin on Sunday. So it could be a busy weekend, but should be a fun one! I hope you all have a great one! Feel free to link up your happy posts of the week below and check out all the other ones!