I awoke today to the tragic news of the mass shooting in Las Vegas and I truly have no words. I can’t believe this is happening again. My heart is with all the victims. I am choosing to go business as usual on the blog today for a sense of normalcy and an escape. But my thoughts and prayers are with all affected and I’ll respect if you need to read this later.
Today I am linking up with The Blended Blog for a fun TBB Asks post – all about Fall! Fall is probably my favorite season and I can’t resist a good survey. So let’s get on with it!
(1) Favorite Fall Sweet Treat? I will say anything with apples. I love making apple pie, but it is time consuming, so this fall I’ve been branching out and trying some different recipes. I’ve made apple crisp, apple cinnamon muffins and yesterday I made an apple cinnamon cake. It turned out like coffee cake and was pretty darn good!
(2) Red, yellow or green apples? I think red wins here, though a couple of the apples that grow here in MN are kind of red and yellow. I’m also a fan of Granny Smith, so once in awhile a green apple is ok.
(3) Favorite Fall sport to play? Um, does disc golf count? Ha! But for real I love disc golf in the Fall, many of the disc golf parks we go to are full of trees and it’s so fun to see the colors change and how pretty it is in the Fall.
(4) Best Drink for Fall? I love a good cider, whether it is alcoholic or non-alcoholic. Cider is where it’s at.
(5) Favorite Fall Activity? It’s hard to choose, we go to the apple orchard each year and also to the pumpkin patch. Both places are a lot of fun and Ollie enjoys them both, so I will say they both tie!
(6) Must have Fall purchase? I’m seeing a lot of super cute outfits with denim pencil skirts this year, so I’m hoping to thrift a denim pencil skirt soon.
(7) Pumpkins: Pick your own or store bought? Pick your own. Like I said above, we go to a pumpkin patch about 45 minutes north of us and we spend a fun day enjoying the activities there. Ollie loves picking out a pumpkin each year.
(8) Real or Fake pumpkin? Real all the way. I can understand the need for fake if you have allergy issues in your home or maybe live somewhere warm and don’t want the pumpkin to rot.
(9) Favorite Halloween costume? I had a lot of great costumes over the years. As a child I’ll say my Minnie Mouse or Raggedy Ann costume. As an adult, my Rainbow Brite costume. As a family, when we did Mario, Princess Peach and Toady when Ollie was just under a year old.
(10) College football or NFL? Um, neither? We don’t watch a lot of football in our house but I will say I have a cousin who’s husband works for the MN Gophers so I do support them and if the Vikings are playing well, then I can do NFL too.
(11) Fall or Halloween Decor? Yes to both. I have a lot of pumpkins that can easily stay out into November. And I even have a cute little turkey I pull out in November because I feel Thanksgiving deserves a little more love.
(12) Raking leaves or no leaves to rake? We have leaves to rake. Do we rake them? Not really. Nate usually mulches over them with the lawn mower a couple of times. We’ll rake a few piles for Ollie to play with but that’s about it!
(13) Favorite soup? I love this turnip leek soup that Nate makes in the Fall sometimes. We used to get a turnip or two from our CSA. We don’t have the CSA this year so we’ll have to seek out our own turnips if we want to make the soup. It’s good enough that we might have to do that.
(14) Favorite Fall candle scent? Anything spicy and cinnamony. I also love a couple from Bath and Body Works called Leaves and Sweater Weather.
(15) Love or hate Pumpkin Spice? I like it in things like breads or cakes. I also will admit to loving Pumpkin Pie Pop Tarts because I am five. Ooh and yes to pumpkin spice in beers. Yummmm.
(16) Short booties or tall boots? Depends on the outfit! I have short booties that I love with skinny jeans, I like wearing tall boots with leggings or dresses.
(17) Favorite Halloween candy? Why is that all candy is better in smaller sizes? Is it because we can eat more of it? My favorites are Kit-Kats, Butterfingers and Snickers. But they have to be the small ones, ha!
(18) PSL (Pumpkin Spice Latte) YES or NO? This is a big fat NO. As I said above, I like pumpkin things, but keep it out of my coffee. I won’t tell you what it tastes like to me. Ugh. Can we still be friends?
(19) Hayride or corn maze? I will say hayride. I get frustrated with puzzles and I think a corn maze would frustrate me!
(20) Favorite Fall TV show? We hardly watch what is current, we stream for the most part. But I will say I’m trying to follow along with The Voice and Dancing with the Stars a little bit.
What are some of your favorite things about Fall?