It’s the first day of Autumn….and it’s going to be 90 plus degrees in Minnesota today. Woo hoo! I would love the cooler weather to come back, but I have nothing to truly complain about when you think of what the Caribbean and Texas and Florida are still dealing with. And I know it’s a matter of time before it’s cold enough to freeze your Winnebago (points to anyone who gets that reference.) Anyway, it’s Friday and it’s my weekly link up with Charlotte and Lindsey looking back at the happy things and things I’m grateful for this week!
(1) Coffee. I’ve needed it in spades this week. The grocery store had two of my favorite brands on sale this week too, so bonus!
(2) Kitten cuddles. Before we left town last Friday I had a chance to snuggle Jen’s new baby kitty Millie. She’s the sweetest ball of fluff and I shall call her Squishy and she will be my squishy.
(3) Speaking of cats, a rare moment of peace spotted between my two old ladies. They might bicker most of the time now but deep down they still like each other at least a little bit!
(4) Ollie totally rocked his Early Childhood screening yesterday. I didn’t have too much doubt about that, but there is always that nagging parent worry of “what if.” He is all set for entering kindergarten in the Fall of 2019, which is still two years off, but we’ll already be doing preparations next Fall. SLOW DOWN TIME!
(5) Going to paint night with a few folks from work over at Cheers Pablo. We did a Northern Lights painting and I absolutely love how mine turned out. Nate was impressed too. I may look into what I can do to do more painting because let me tell you, it was so relaxing for me.
(6) Ollie wanting to be just like me with my painting. He drew me a picture and asked “is this just like yours mama??” Pretty darn close kiddo.
(7) Starting back up with my church choir after the summer off. Music is in my veins and it is nice to be back singing again.
(8) Saving money. Target has a great program (that ends tomorrow) that if you bring in an old car seat to recycle they will give you 20% off towards a new one. We hadn’t bought a booster seat for my car yet for Ollie, so we finally did yesterday. We saved big time.
(9) Reliving Jamaica memories at the Jerk Chicken festival at Heyday. The samples from each chef were just the right size and all of it was so delicious.
(10) All of you who come here and share in my daily adventures, babbles and craziness. I appreciate it more than you’ll ever know!
Looking ahead to the weekend we have nothing on the calendar. Ahhhh. Let’s just let that soak in for a bit. Ollie’s cold is kind of back with a vengeance so I think a low key weekend is just what we all need. I hope the weekend treats all of you well! Feel free to link up with Lindsey, Charlotte and I below to share your own posts and be sure to check out the others!