Uffda. For a short week this was a long week! I’m not going to sugar coat things, it wasn’t my favorite week for a number of reasons. But it’s Friday, things are looking up and it’s going to be a nice relaxing weekend! While this week had it’s ups and downs, I’m here to look at the positives with my What’s Up Weekend link up with my girls Charlotte and Lindsey. Let’s celebrate the good, shall we?
(1) Selling items to Style Encore and well, turning around and spending my earnings. I sold almost $70 worth of clothes to them last Saturday and was able to buy some great new pieces for Fall – including two Lularoe items! I was pretty happy about it.
(2) Fun ideas for the blog, especially when it comes to social media. Exciting things are coming. Watch my Facebook page!
(3) My fun bracelet from KEEP Collective. I picked charms that I feel represent who I am – donut, coffee cup, unicorn, mom. I joked that all I need is a hashtag, a bleeped swear word and a beer mug and it would be absolute perfection. This works though, I wear it pretty much every day!
(4) Finding a lost movie. One of my all time favorite movies is the Darjeeling Limited. We own a copy but for months now I could not find it and thought I was losing my mind. Turns out we had borrowed it to my in-laws. I had no idea. We brought it home and watched it last weekend and it made me so happy!
(5) Haircut! I didn’t realize just how shaggy Ollie’s hair had become until we cut it last weekend in preparation for school. It looks so much better now!
(6) Open window sleeping weather. I am loving the cool nights right now and no air conditioning required!
(7) Barbeque with our buddies in their new home. We spent some time at Jen’s new house last weekend and Ollie played hide and seek and rock band with the girls. I see lots of good times to come in their wonderful new place.
(8) Ice cream social at Ollie’s school and a chance to meet some new parents. It was a beautiful night for a little ice cream and chit chat last night.
(9) Garden goodies. We enjoyed some of the green beans that came from our garden earlier this week and oh man, they are SO good. So so so good.
(10) Snuggles with my kiddo. He’s had a little bit of a tough time transitioning back to school and has kind of directed a little of his anger towards me. But we still have snuggle time every morning and today he told me I was pretty so that made me smile. Every day will get better.
And now we’re off into the weekend! We don’t have too many plans. We’re heading to our church carnival tonight but that’s about it. I may try to clean out my closet some more and I’m guessing there will be disc golf on our schedule somewhere as well.
To any and all who may be in the path of Hurricane Irma, please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.
Feel free to link up with the ladies and I below to share your happy from the week! Have a wonderful weekend!