It’s September! It came so fast, but I’m honestly not that upset about it. I love Fall and I’m ready for it. And it’s also Friday, so it’s time for my weekly link up with Charlotte and Lindsey to talk about what I’m grateful for/made me happy this week. Let’s dive in! (Oh god, that sounds like Zuma from Paw Patrol. I’m not a parent at all.)
(1) Mini-golfing with my mini. We went on Sunday with our relatives and while Ollie still doesn’t 100% get how to play, it’s still fun to take him and he goes with the flow pretty well.
(2) Fresh corn from the Farmer’s Market. We bought two dozen ears of corn to enjoy with our extended family this week and it was all delicious. One night we grilled it, one night we boiled it, but no matter how it was prepared, it was good.
(3) Ollie’s love for his older cousin. He adores Nate’s cousin Tyler and it’s fun to watch them interact when he comes to visit.
(4) Supporting a fundraiser to help Hurricane Harvey victims. I can’t do much, but the little bit I can do makes me feel better and is more than just thoughts and prayers.
(5) Nate’s amazing jerk chicken. He made it for his relatives and it was delicious as usual. We also tried this new coconut milk bread recipe and let me tell you – it was amazing. I told him we could make it even when it isn’t a Jamaican meal night.
(6) Discovering my true body shape. My friend Cyndy who happens to be my number one Lularoe dealer is doing a series on body shapes, body type, dressing for your body type and most importantly LOVING your body type. Thanks to her I have learned that while I still have pear shape tendencies, I am also what is known as a “neat hourglass.” I’m excited to try to work with this now that I know what I am!
(7) All of my closest sorority sisters being in one place for a little bit last Saturday. We’re all spread out and lives are busy, but two of them were in town so we got together for a little bit with all of our kiddos (there are 9 1/2 children between the five of us) and it was lovely. I’ll have some more thoughts on my sorority days in a post next week. I’m thankful for sisterhood.
(8) Snuggles with my boy this morning. He was kind of mad at me yesterday because he had spent the night with my parents while we went to the Escape Room (though I know he had fun with them) and it took him most of the day to get over being mad at me, but once he did I got my cuddle bug back and it made me happy.
(9) Coffee. It’s been a very busy hectic week and coffee has been my savior.
(10) It’s a three day weekend for me! I’m looking forward to some time with my boys and just relaxing before school starts up next week.
There you have it! What are you feeling grateful for this week? What’s making you happy? Link up with us below and let us know! And I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!