Hello my loves! It’s Friday and it’s MN STATE FAIR DAY for me! Can you tell I’m excited?? I pre-wrote my What’s Up Weekend post to go live on time though, because even if the Fair is my Christmas, I can’t miss my weekly hosting duties with Charlotte and Lindsey! Here’s a look at what made me happy this week.
(1) Shopping at HyVee. I know this might sound silly to those who have always had HyVees but they’re new to Minnesota. We don’t have one in our neighborhood yet, but we drove to one about 20 minutes away the other night because I’m kind of sick of the grocery store that’s close to us. I just love how that store is laid out and I triple love the grab and go food options.
(2) New goodies from Thirty One. Let’s not talk about my purse addiction problem. Let’s just not. But I thought that maybe I’d retire my thrifted pink Kate Spade bag from my thrift appt earlier this summer and go with something more Fall colored. Enter the City Chic Tote from the new catalog. In a lovely dark teal color, comfortable to carry, fits all my stuff and is like a perfect size. I also picked up the special for the month, an ergonomic backpack. I’m wearing it to the Fair today. I can’t quit my Thirty One love no matter how much I try.
(3) Finding a new to us food truck we like. We stopped at a taproom last weekend (as we often do) and there was an Italian food truck we’d never heard of before. They served the most amazing sandwiches. NOM.
(4) Fall like weather. I haven’t been wanting to let go of summer quite yet but I seriously love the cool weather we’ve had lately. Sleeping with the windows open is my favorite.
(5) Brunch and good conversation with my book club ladies at one of my favorite spots. I love my book club so dang much.
(6) Three year old mood swings. The other day after we got home from work Ollie was a little grumpy and said he “was mad at me and didn’t want to see me right now.” So I said ok fine, you can go play in your room if you want. Then he says “Mama will you come play with me? I like you now!” Kids. He frustrates me, but makes me laugh from one second to the next.
(7) Nate finished getting the decking installed on the deck! It looks fantastic. He’s considering fixing some other parts of it as well, but the decking itself is installed and wonderful.
(8) We’re finally getting a good bounty of food from our garden. Tomatoes, green beans, onions and peppers were finally ready this week!
(9) I had a little jewelry party (KEEP Collective) Wednesday night, it was a small crowd but some of my closest friends came over and it was nice to have a little ladies night without leaving my house!
(10) DID I MENTION IT’S STATE FAIR DAY???
If you follow my Facebook page I might do a Facebook live from the Fair, how very exciting. Otherwise tune in here for my recap on Monday! Have a wonderful weekend! Make sure to give some love to Charlotte and Lindsey and feel free to link up your own What’s Up Weekend post below!