I thought I’d have trouble with this week’s topic for Tuesday Topics with Quirky Pickings. I am not a big country music fan. Most of it makes me kind of cringe. But the more I started thinking about it, the more I was able to find a pretty decent list. Most of what I chose is in the bordering on “pop” music category, but they’re still country artists, so that counts right? Here we go!
(1) Standing Outside the Fire – Garth Brooks. I have actually always enjoyed Garth Brooks, he has a nice voice without getting twangy. I have always enjoyed the electric violin line in this song. You’ll quickly learn I enjoy violin music.
(2) Independence Day – Martina McBride. It was hard to pick one Martina song, but I went with this one because I used to enjoy belting this one out at the top of my lungs in the car (and still do on occasion). I also auditioned with this song for one of my high school musicals, accapella no less.
(3) Somebody Like You – Keith Urban. This song just makes me happy and puts me in a good mood. And he’s not bad to look at you have to admit.
(4) Easy Silence – Dixie Chicks. If I could write my own love song to Nate it would be this song. The lyrics “I come to find a refuge in the easy silence that you make for me, it’s ok when there’s nothing left to say to me, the peaceful quiet you create for me and the way you keep the world at bay for me” speaks to how I feel about him so much. It is a song about how your person helps keep you sane in a crazy world. And Nate does that for me.
(5) Don’t Be Stupid – Shania Twain. This is another song with fun electric violin and fiddle and an almost Irish dance feel, in fact, she had clog dancers in the video for this one. I will admit to loving most of Shania’s music from back in the day, but this one was my favorite.
(6) So Small – Carrie Underwood. Wonderful song about figuring out that the only thing that matters is love and everything else is small. And Carrie can do no wrong in my eyes, she’s amazing.
Runner ups would be This Kiss by Faith Hill, Everybody Knows by Trisha Yearwood, He Thinks He’ll Keep Her by Mary Chapin Carpenter and just about anything by Alison Krauss. I couldn’t pick one song by Alison Krauss I think because I like her too much.
So I guess I like country music a little more than I thought? Do you like country music? If so, what’s your favorite song?
Linking up with Quirky Pickings