This week’s topic for Tuesday Topics with Quirky Pickings is Seven Places I’d Like to Visit. I love thinking about and dreaming about travel, even if it isn’t something we can do a lot of right now! Here are the places I’d most like to go right now.
(1) Disney World. I have been fortunate to have been there before a few times, but it’s been over 15 years since I’ve last been there and I’ve never had the chance to take Nate (or obviously Ollie) so I’d really like to go there at some point. We’re waiting until Ollie’s around 5 and then I’m thinking we’ll try to plan a trip there.
(2) Canada, specifically Winnipeg to visit my buddy Cara and check out the beer scene up there because apparently there’s a beer scene! And it’s a reasonable drive from the Twin Cities. I have a passport. It just seems logical that this will happen at some point in the next couple of years.
(3) Hawaii. We had attempted to plan a trip there for our 30th birthdays with some friends but things just didn’t quite work out. It’s still been on my list to go someday, so hopefully it will happen eventually.
(4) Delaware to visit the Dogfish Head brewery. Yes I love this brewery so much it’s an actual destination for me. They even have their own beer themed hotel. This could easily be a long weekend for Nate and I possibly at some point.
(5) Wine Country in California. I’m a beer girl first, but I do enjoy wine and after seeing movies like Bottle Shock and Sideways, I just really want to go visit wine country and meander through all the beautiful wineries.
(6) Ireland. I did a report on Ireland in school and have always been fascinated with it. I’d love to go at some point in honor of my Irish loving late grandmother.
(7) The Jim Henson Experience at the Museum of the Moving Image in New York. I have heard this exhibit is the best representation of his work and as a huge Muppet fan, to have a chance to see it all up close would be a dream come true. So maybe one day!
There are other places I’d love to go, more Caribbean islands, out to the Black Hills in South Dakota, to see the lights in Vegas, back out to Maine where Nate’s aunt lives, the Grand Canyon, the list could go on and on. If only I had an endless supply of money and time off! What’s on your travel list?
Linking up with Quirky Pickings