So, did this week feel like one giant Monday to anyone else? I’m so glad it’s finally Friday. As I always do on Fridays, it’s time to take a look back at the week and what I’m grateful for/made me happy in What’s Up Weekend with the lovely folks at the Peaceful Posse.
(1) Another taproom adventure with my favorite boys. We found one in the northern suburbs we haven’t checked out yet. We laughed though as we seemed to be crashing a little wedding party, but the taproom owners assured us we could be there and that they were open.
(2) Unexpected movie finds. We started out to watch a movie we own last weekend and then while watching the previews remembered another movie we’d been meaning to stream called Cuban Fury, a cute movie about an average guy who takes up salsa dancing to impress a co-worker he has a crush on. And while watching the movie Nate made the mistake of telling me he wishes he knew how to dance. Because then I looked up where we could take dancing lessons. I see a Fall activity on the horizon for us <insert evil laugh here>.
(3) Fun mail from a favorite blogger friend. Sweet Ally from Shybiker has started an online girl gang and invited me in as a member. I love this card and I made sure to put it in a place of honor at my office at work.
(4) Finding my book club book for the month and being able to get it from the library reasonably quickly. And scoring a deal for another book club read coming up for only $1.99 on the Kindle. Girl on a budget, no problem!
(5) A picnic with surprise entertainment. We met up with Nate’s parents and sister for a picnic last Sunday at a park not too far away and were surprised to learn there was a concert that evening. We’ve learned they do this every Sunday and we have plans to possibly return in a couple of weeks for a Bluegrass night that they’ll be having.
(6) Fresh cut grass. Nate hasn’t had a chance to pay much attention to the lawn since his work trip, but he finally spent almost all evening last night mowing and cleaning it up and it looks fantastic right now.
(7) Getting to see our besties. Jen, her husband and her girls met up with Ollie and I at the park by our house earlier this week and Ollie had a blast getting to play with the girls as it’s been awhile since he’s seen them. And of course blogger/Instagram mom had to document the evening!
(8) Nachos for dinner. We haven’t done a nacho dinner in awhile so we had one this week and I forgot how delightful and delicious it is. Healthy? Nope. Do I really care? Nope.
(9) Speaking of healthy, actually getting out and walking a few days this week. I have been slacking pretty hardcore on my exercise lately and so it felt really good to get a few walks in, especially pushing Ollie in his stroller, that definitely adds some resistance to a workout!
(10) Sunshine, low humidity and slightly warm air. It’s a perfect summer day today and I’m just hoping the work day goes quickly so I have some time to get out and enjoy it later!
The weekend should also have some great weather on tap, so hopefully we’ll have a chance to get out and enjoy it. We may also start doing some moving forward on some house projects we want to still complete this summer. We’ll see how things go! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!