It’s Thinking Out Loud with Penny’s Passion and as promised last week, here is the second half of the 50 Questions you’ve never been asked! Assuming I didn’t scare you all off last week, here are some more things you can learn about me! I did change one or two questions that I felt just didn’t apply to me, seemed easier than just saying “pass”.
26. Do you know any triplets? I sort of do! My son has triplets in his program at Montessori school. They are pretty cute, two girls and a boy. They’re also quite tiny. Apparently they are fans of Ollie, when we met his dad at school event he said “oh Ollie’s parents? He’s quite popular at our house.”
27. Do you prefer Titanic or the Notebook? I think I’m going to go with the Notebook here. Titanic was well done and all that, but I didn’t feel the same emotions that I did with the Notebook. The Notebook just stabs me in the heart.
28. Have you ever had Indian food? YES! We have a great Indian buffet not far from us that we love, but my favorite is when Nate makes some Indian recipes at home. He’s got a good recipe for Naan and various curry/marsala type dishes. Nom nom nom.
29. What’s the name of your favorite restaurant? Ugh I have to pick just ONE? I don’t know if I can. Here’s a short list, I’m not even listing them all: Cossettas, Brasa, The Unofficial, Barley Johns, Village Pub, Miller Bar, Donatelli’s, Acapulco. There are SO many more. The ones I listed are the ones we hit most frequently though.
30. What is your favorite flavor of donut? It depends on where I am, I like a raised glazed or a vanilla frosted with nuts from my beloved Heights Bakery. If I’m at a Dunkin Donuts it has to be the strawberry frosted with sprinkles. If I’m at someplace like Glam Doll Donuts it has to be the Cosmopolitan (peanut butter chocolate) or Daddy Dearest (maple glazed with bacon).
31. Do you belong to any warehouse stores? We’ve had memberships to both Sam’s Club and Costco over the years, but currently we do not. Honestly we just didn’t use either one enough to make it worth it. And there aren’t any right near us, so it wasn’t convenient. I wish we had a Costco closer, I think we’d sign up again in a heartbeat if we did.
32. What would your parents have named you if you were the opposite gender? I’ve been told they were planning on Brian. I have kind of a bad history with that name though, so I’m kind of glad I was a girl, ha!
33. If you have a nickname, what is it? Bethie Boo, Bethie or simply just Boo. These all stem back to childhood, but I answer to any or all of them as an adult as even Nate and his family has picked up on them. I think even Ollie has called me Boo once or twice. My sister in law also called me Bertie for awhile which I also was totally fine with, though I don’t remember it’s origin!
34. Who is your favorite person in the entire world? Oh this is just unfair. I have amazing family and friends. But Nate and I do have a thing where we say to each other “you’re my favorite.” So I think Nate wins this one. But naturally I love my son, my parents, my inlaws and extended family and my closest girlfriends too.
35. Would you rather live in the country or the city? If Nate had his way we’d be in the country with no neighbors! I see the perks of that type of life, but I like being close to the city. I don’t need to be in the thick of the city though. This is why Suburban life is perfect for me.
36. Can you whistle? Not as well as I used to, but yes. It helped that I played flute for nine years and you pucker your mouth kind of the same.
37. Do you sleep with a nightlight? Nope, but we keep one in our bathroom. When I was a little girl I had a Glo Worm nightlight that I adored.
38. Do you eat breakfast every morning? I know so many people who don’t! But I have to. It’s usually just a simple bowl of cereal or yogurt with granola and then a mug of coffee, but I have to eat something.
39. Do you take vitamins on a daily basis? I should be doing better about that, I have always had low iron and being a white Midwestern girl I should also be on vitamin D. I keep forgetting to take anything though!
40. Do you have any medical conditions? I have PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and was told I’d have difficulty conceiving, but fortunately we were able to conceive Ollie after about a year of trying. We were pretty relaxed about it and were going to do more about it that following summer if we hadn’t had any luck, but thankfully we were ok. I also have a benign breast lump known as a fibronoid. It’s harmless, but we keep an eye on it.
41. How many times have you been to the hospital? Just once to deliver Ollie. Many other times to visit friends and loved ones.
42. Have you ever seen Finding Nemo? More times than I can count. I adore that movie more than I can say and I have Dory’s Just Keep Swimming motto tattooed on my foot. That phrase means more to me than just this movie, but it’s definitely where it’s origin is from.
43. Where do you buy your jeans? Mostly the thrift store or Target. My recent favorite pair is from my thrifting adventure at Arc’s Value Village and they’re a brand I haven’t heard of before, but I love them!
44. What’s the last compliment you received? I think it was something about my hair, I have had some really nice compliments about the color of my hair!
45. Do you usually remember your dreams in the morning? Sometimes, especially if they’re weird.
46. What flavor tea do you enjoy? Darjeeling is usually my go to. Or I do like a peach iced tea in the summer.
47. How many pairs of shoes do you own? I didn’t count them, I meant to and completely forgot and am not writing this from home…so let’s see, I will say it’s maybe in the ballpark of around 20 pairs? Maybe more? I don’t think it’s less, ha!
48. What religion will you raise your children to practice? We’re raising Ollie in the Catholic faith that we were both raised in.
49. How old were you when you found out Santa wasn’t real? I think I had it figured out somewhere around third grade, I was probably 9 or so.
50. Why do you have a blog? Plain and simple I like to write. I have always loved writing, I used to write in a journal and write short stories when I was young. And now I love being able to have kind of a digital scrapbook of my life to look back on things I did and places I went. Finally, I’ve made some amazing connections and friendships and those are what keep me going.
There you go! I had so much fun answering some questions and hopefully letting you all learn a little bit more about me. Thanks again to As Seen on Jean for tagging me! I’m not tagging anyone else specifically but if you do decide to play along, let me know so I can come read!