Hello! I know I said yesterday I had a Thrifty Tuesday topic, but I forgot about Tuesday Topics and I love the subject this week, so Thrifty Tuesday will happen tomorrow. On Wednesday. Because that makes sense? Anyway this week’s pick for Tuesday Topics is – Nine Games You Love to Play. We LOVE games at our house, so this was a fun ones for me! Without further ado, here are the ones I love the best!
(1) Cribbage. Nate and I have been playing cribbage together for pretty much the entire time we’ve been a couple. I used to be pretty terrible at it, but my skills have improved over the years and sometimes I even beat Nate now! We like collecting fun cribbage boards too from places we travel or when we see a neat one that catches our eye. My goal is to mount some of them on the walls around the house so when the mood strikes we can just go grab one!
(2) Yahtzee. I have always loved playing Yahtzee. We just taught Ollie how to play over the weekend and he seems to like it too, he does need some help, but he caught on to the general idea. I love that it’s a pretty easy game to play with two people or with more.
(3) Scrabble. I should play it more often, it keeps my brain sharp! I still remember playing one night with Nate early on in our marriage, I don’t even think alcohol was involved, but we were being rather goofy one time and tried to use up every last letter and started making up words. We laughed until we cried.
(4) Clue. I have adored Clue since I was a kid. I used to play with the pieces on my own and make up my own little mystery stories – yep nerd right here. It’s fun to play as an adult too, especially if you’ve had a glass of wine or something, just saying.
(5) Uno. We also play a version with regular cards called Dirty 8’s. This is another great game for small or large groups.
(6) Monopoly. I know some people have an extreme dislike of Monopoly because it can take hours to play – but if you play the shortened rules it isn’t so bad. I also have a Muppet version of it that is super fun.
(7) Cards Against Humanity. One of my favorite times I ever played this game was right after Ollie was born on New Years Eve with some friends. I had a low alcohol tolerance since I had just started having it again after nine months. I was careful when nursing, but had my one glass of wine and it went to my head and between that and being sleep deprived I just remember everything being SO funny. One of the question cards was something about who will dominate the world and one of the answer cards was simply “Bees?” with a question mark. You kind of had to be there, but oh did we laugh. It can be a very dirty game, but it is hilarious and I’d honestly rather play this than Apples to Apples.
(8) Sorry. Again it’s a simple game but it can be a lot of fun and it’s another one we’ve discovered is fun if you’re drinking a little. I swear I’m not an alcoholic, but what good is a game night without a little beer? We now have a copy of Trouble which is similar and we’ve started playing that with Ollie. He gets bored kind of fast but loves popping the little dice button.
(9) The Oregon Trail Card game. I have to say this, because right now we play it EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. But seriously, even if it gets a little tiring every now and then, I love how much Ollie has grasped the concept of this game and enjoys playing it so much. It is so cute. He doesn’t even get mad if he gets a card that makes him “die” he just stays in as our dice roller or as “the store”. I like that it’s something we all do together. And when we’re on the Oregon Trail Ollie’s name is not Ollie. It’s Bishton. Don’t forget it.
What games are your favorites? Who wants to come over for a game night?