It’s Thinking Out Loud Thursday with Penny’s Passion. And today I’m thinking about my answers to the 50 Questions I’ve Never Been Asked. I was tagged by As Seen On Jean. Fun fact about me, I love survey posts, I used to love those email surveys we all used to pass back and forth in the early 2000s. I’m a giant nerd. Anyway, 50 questions could get long for one post, so today I’ll do 25 and then I’ll do the second half next Thursday. And perhaps you’ll learn something new about me! Let’s just hope you don’t want to run away in horror though, eek!
(1) What’s Your Favorite Candle Scent? It depends on the season. I mostly burn candles in the Fall because I love cinnamon, pumpkin spice and apple smells. I’ll also burn pine scented candles around Christmas. I tend to not burn candles in the summer much – unless we’re outside and it’s citronella!
(2) What female celebrity do you wish was your sister? This is a tough one, but after reading her book I think it’s Lauren Graham. Anna Kendrick is a close second.
(3) What male celebrity do you wish was your brother? Chris Pratt. He’s so fun. And it would mean Anna Farris is my sister-in-law and that would be a blast.
(4) How old do you think you’ll be when you get married? Well seeing as I’m already married I’ll share how old I was – I was 24 when I got married. And now that seems so freaking young to me for some reason.
(5) Do you know a hoarder? Raises hand. Um me? If not me, definitely my husband. We won’t talk about his office or our garage. And cough, it might be learned behavior from both sides of our family. We’re working on getting better about it. And we are definitely not like the TV show at all.
(6) Can you do the splits? Nope. I have NEVER been flexible enough to do them at all. If I’m doing the splits you best be calling 911 because it will mean I seriously injured something!
(7) How old were you when you first learned to ride a bike? I believe I was riding without training wheels somewhere around age 6. I think it was the summer after kindergarten.
(8) How many oceans have you swam in? Just one, the Atlantic, but I’ve been in it as far north as Maine and as far south as Jamaica, so that seems kind of cool.
(9) How many countries have you been to? I think three – Canada, Jamaica and the Bahamas. And yet I only have one passport stamp because I traveled to the first two before a passport was required.
(10) Is anyone in your family currently in the military? I have a cousin whom I believe is still active duty reserves. Other than that I have many veterans in my family I’m quite proud of, including my father and many uncles.
(11) What would you name your daughter if you had one? We had a girls name chosen years before we were ever pregnant, but I knew in my heart I would never use it. Somehow I knew I would be a mom to a boy. But if we had ever had a girl, her name would have been Kaylee Ann.
(12) What would you name your son if you had one? We did have a son! And his full name is Oliver Michael. We almost gave him the middle name James or John, but didn’t want his initials to be OJ. #neverforgetthewhitebronco
(13) What’s the worst grade you ever received on a test? Math was NOT my strong suit in high school and I’m pretty sure I received a few D’s and I had a midquarter sent home one year stating I was failing the class. I worked hard just to get that grade up to a C.
(14) What was your favorite tv show when you were a kid? There were so many! Sesame Street, Mr Rogers, Reading Rainbow and these Disney Channel shows Welcome to Pooh Corner and Dumbo’s Circus were kind of the heavy hitters.
(15) What did you dress up as for Halloween when you were 8? Such a specific age! But I know that was the year I was in third grade and that was the year I was Raggedy Ann.
(16) Have you read any of the Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Twilight series? I’ve done Harry Potter and the Hunger Games. And the movies for both as well. No Twilight here.
(17) Would you rather have an American accent or a British accent? Well I don’t mind having my American (heavily Minnesotan) accent, but I love British accents. Especially in little kids. SO cute.
(18) Did your mother go to college/university? Neither of my parents did and I know it meant a lot to them that I did complete a degree – but I honestly think college isn’t everything. You can learn a lot in the school of life and I’ve learned a great deal from my parents just in the knowledge they gained through experience.
(19) Are your grandparents still married? Both sets of my grandparents were married until separated by death and now are all reunited in heaven. So I suppose the answer would be yes.
(20) Have you ever taken karate lessons? No, but I took a self defense course while I was in college and it used a different form of martial arts and I really enjoyed it.
(21) Do you know who Kermit the Frog is? I admit I saw this question and I was like REALLY? Do you know who you are talking to?? But then I realized I don’t know the person who generated this survey. It’s just making it’s way around blog land. They don’t know the scope of my Muppet fandom. Anyway, that would be an obvious yes. And we’ll talk another day about how Steve Whitmere is no longer doing his voice, sob.
(22)What was the first amusement park you ever went to? Paul Bunyan Land in Brainerd, MN (now moved next door to Baxter). There was a giant Paul Bunyan Statue who would greet you by name. They had some rides and a Fun House and chickens who would do tricks if you gave them corn. And helicopter rides. My aunt’s cabin was near there and I think I had my first visit somewhere around Ollie’s age.
(23) What language besides your native language would you like to be fluent in? I studied both French and ASL in school, but now I’d say it would be useful for work to maybe know Spanish.
(24) Do you spell the color gray or grey? Gray. Isn’t that how it’s written on the Crayola crayon? I trust Crayola!
(25) Is your father bald? Nope, he still has quite a bit of hair. It’s very gray, but it’s distinguished on him. He is aging very well just like my grandfather did. My grandpa didn’t look any of his 90 years until he had a stroke.
I’m going to leave off here because as I said, this could get long! Definitely some unique and different questions I haven’t been asked before! I’ll answer the second half next week in Thinking Out Loud! Hope you learned something new about me!