I’m taking a little hiatus from my Thrifty Tuesday posts for a bit and instead for the next few weeks I will be linking up with Jenn of Quirky Pickings for Tuesday Topics. She picks topics that encourage us to list our favorite things pertaining to the topic of each week. I thought it would be fun to play along. This week is ten dream cars. I’m not much of a car person (not the way my kid is anyway!) so I took a different spin on this one – my top ten dream fictional cars. Here we go!
(1) The Delorian from Back to the Future. Isn’t that everyone’s dream car? To have the ability to time travel? It might be fun.
(2) A Go Kart from Mario Kart. They’re just so fun and it would help with bad traffic if you could just throw some banana peels every now and then.
(3) The Blueberry from Psych. The character Gus drove a little Toyota Echo through the whole series and it was the cutest car. And it took quite a beating throughout all of the adventures he and Shawn went on, so it must be a sturdy vehicle!
(4) The Electric Mayhem bus from The Muppet Movie. Come on, do I even have to explain this one?
(5) The Mystery Machine from Scooby Doo. I have no good reason for this one since the show scared me as a kid, but I like the groovy vibe of it, so why not?
(6) Lorelai’s Jeep from Gilmore Girls. When I was a kid I legit wanted a jeep when I grew up. I had a Barbie Jeep and so I think that’s why. And Lorelai’s was pretty awesome too. The closest I’ve come to owning one? A Honda CRV. It’s kind of the same thing right?
(7) Regina George’s convertable in Mean Girls. Who wouldn’t want that sweet ride?
(8) Speaking of Barbies and convertables, the Barbie 57 Chevy. One of my friends had this when I was a kid and it was the coolest for Barbie, so naturally it would be the coolest for me in real life. The colors are so me.
(9) Deb’s scooter from Empire Records. I would seriously own and drive a scooter if it was feasable for me. But you can’t strap a carseat to the back of one. Nate actually has a really old Honda scooter in our garage he plans to fix up someday. But until then, I just have to dream.
(10) The Broomstick from Bewitched. Because I could fly. Not because I’m a witch or anything. Nope. Not at all. (Insert shifty eyes here).
This was pretty fun. If you ask Ollie what his dream car is, it changes by the day. He plans to own a Suburu Crosstrek, Suburu Impreza, Honda CRV and Chevy Silverado when he grows up. I think he’s going to be a car salesman!