You know what’s awesome about short weeks? Friday comes quickly! I’m keeping my usual Friday tradition and linking up for What’s Up Weekend with the Peaceful Posse. Here’s a look at my happy/things I’m grateful for this week.
(1) Coaxing Ollie to try out some rides at Como Town. He really didn’t want to, but once I got him on things like the cars and train, he was all smiles and loved it.
(2) Nate was home this week instead of on his work trip. Granted, he has to go on the trip this coming week now, but for now we are happy to have him home!
(3) Making cold press coffee at home. I haven’t done it yet this summer, but I finally made some to have today and it’s a nice Friday treat!
(4) Finding a game from my childhood to play with Ollie. I found a copy of a game called Ready Spaghetti while we were out and about earlier this week and I was so excited. We’ve played a few times and he seems to like it so far!
(5) Bocce ball shenanigans on the 4th of July. Every year we hold a bocce ball tournament at the picnic my parents have. Of the two games we played, my team won one and lost one. It’s a good time, we razz each other and don’t take it too seriously, although there is a little trophy my dad made last year (a block of wood, haha!) Can you spot the thing that doesn’t belong in the picture below?
(6) We found a twin size mattress for Ollie we like and we’ll be transitioning out of his toddler bed within the next few days. I know you might think Mama would be sad about this development, but it’s been overdue for awhile and now if I need to ever lay with him it’s going to be easier. I’m actually excited for this change!
(7) Completing another 5k on my challenge for the year. Jen and I have slowed down a little bit on our 5k goals, but managed to get up at the butt crack of dawn on the 4th of July and did the Red, White and Boom. We aren’t signed up for anymore until October, but hopefully we’ll find another one or two to squeeze in before then!
(8) Watching Ollie play disc golf. He wants to try and throw the way that Nate does and it’s freaking adorable to watch. We got him his own bag now and he loves carrying it around with him on the course.
(9) Flowers. The flowers that Nate and Ollie planted me for Mother’s Day are thriving and are looking great this year. I’m glad, early on we had a huge rain storm that seemed to waterlog them to a point I wasn’t sure they would bounce back from, but they did!
(10) Did I mention it’s already Friday? I love short weeks!
This weekend isn’t going to be too crazy as we really have nothing planned. I’m sure there will be some disc golfing and if all goes to plan we may go pick up Ollie’s new bed. We’ll take the days as they come, kind of the best way to do summer in my opinion! Have a great weekend!