Hey friends! We’ve made it to Friday and the last day of the month – what?? How did June go by so fast? Anyway, it was a bit of a week at times, so I’m pretty happy it’s Friday. Time for my favorite post of the week, What’s Up Weekend with my peeps in the Peaceful Posse. Here’s a look at what made me happy/smile this last week.
(1) My thrift scores. I’m loving all my new looks so much. Today I’m wearing a lace jacket that I’m not sure I would have picked out for myself, but I really love how it looks.
(2) Good Eats. Nate made a bunch of our favorite meals this week with some of the fresh veggies we picked up at the Farmer’s Market last weekend and they were all delicious.
(3) Casey at the Bat. Nate started reading this poem to Ollie because of a line in a song that he sings him sometimes and now it’s become part of our bedtime ritual. And maybe it’s the fact that most days Ollie isn’t napping anymore, but I think there’s something magical about that poem because as soon as we read it, he pretty much goes right to sleep!
(4) I’m about to embark on a four day weekend! I love working in City Government. They decided it’s not worth being open for one day on Monday, so we get Monday and Tuesday for the July 4th holiday.
(5) Starting this weekend we can now buy beer (or other liquor) on Sundays in Minnesota! I realize it might seem silly and that we should be able to plan ahead for liquor stores being closed on Sundays. And we always have. But there is the rare occasion that you get invited to a party last minute and wish you could bring something fun to drink along, so now we can! I told Nate we might have to go buy a six pack on Sunday just for the symbolism of it.
(6) This week we finished up two pretty major projects at work that have been consuming me for months. I am sure I’ll have another one assigned soon, but I’m going to do a happy dance that these are finished for now!
(7) TV Total Request Live on MyTalk. The radio show I listen to in the mornings does a TV Theme song request segment on Fridays. You can call in and ask them to play any TV theme song from years ago or even current ones. On my way to work I was totally rocking out to the theme from Perfect Strangers.
(8) Dark Chocolate Peanut M&Ms. Have they been on this list before? Probably. Do I care if I’m repeating myself? Nope!
(9) Cool weather. While I do want some warmer days to go to the beach or something, I will say I like the cooler days where we can leave the windows open and be comfortable at home.
(10) Fun mail. Yesterday I got a postcard from a friend who was traveling recently and it’s always nice seeing something fun and unexpected in your mailbox instead of the usual junk mail and bills!
Looking ahead to the weekend, as I said it will be a nice long one. I know Nate’s planning to brew a batch of beer. I think on Monday Jen and I will be taking our brood over to Como Town at the Como Zoo. And then on July 4th we’re having a picnic with family and close friends who are like family over at my parents house, so that will be a good time too. Then Nate will be traveling for work next week, so I’ll be embarking on a single parent situation for a couple of days. We’ll enjoy our time together this weekend though! I hope you all have a great weekend and to all my fellow US citizens, Happy July 4th! And to my Canadian friends, Happy Canada Day tomorrow!