It’s Friday! I survived my first week back at work after vacation, yay! It was a bit crazy at times, but now it’s Friday and the weekend looms ahead! As usual, I’m looking back at the good things of the week that made me happy with What’s Up Weekend with the Peaceful Posse.
(1) Freshly cut hair. I went with shorter bangs this time and it feels so clean and easy for summer!
(2) A mid afternoon coffee run. I had to run an errand for work that took me by Dunn Brothers Coffee yesterday and darn it, somehow my car found it’s way to the drive thru and a vanilla iced nirvana (cold brew) found it’s way back with me.
(3) Sitting out on my back deck with my book club ladies. Although I could have done with less bugs!
(4) Blogging relationships and meeting blog friends in real life. Shea of Shea Lennon and her family were in town last weekend and we had a chance to meet in person. It was so nice to finally meet after years of knowing each other through blogging. And Ollie loved playing with her Jona too! I hope we can visit them sometime in the future!
(5) Fun times at the Surly Open Disc Golf tournament. It was our third time playing this fun disc golf event and we had a blast.
(6) First harvest from our garden. We have two little baby tomatoes and we have had a few little radishes. The radishes are SO good.
(7) Three dollar Target sunglasses from the Dollar Spot. I really didn’t intend to buy them, but I’m glad I did, they fit nice, they look cute and they’ll replace another cheap pair I had that got scratched.
(8) Finding my missing letter opener. After my Branson trip I couldn’t find my favorite letter opener at work and I assumed someone took it. Imagine my surprise when I was digging in a drawer yesterday and there it was.
(9) Sunshine returning after all the rain yesterday. It is so lovely outside this morning!
(10) The funny things Ollie says. I can’t even with the things he says sometimes. I took him to the library after work (my fines weren’t as bad as I originally thought!) and on the way he said “Momma, I have to get my book club book and then sit out on the deck and tell the girls all about it.” He cracks me up.
Looking ahead to this weekend it should be a pretty good one. Our city’s festival is this weekend and there’s a parade tonight, so we’re going to go down to watch that. Tomorrow Ollie’s going with my parents to a big car show called Back to the 50’s and Nate and I will get a little husband/wife time that might consist of just a quick round of disc golf without a child in tow. Sunday we have a birthday party for our little bestie Callie. Kind of the perfect summer weekend if you ask me! I hope you all have a great weekend as well!