It’s FRIDAY! And it’s almost my vacation!! I am going to be crazed at work today but I’m still doing a happy dance of joy! And what better way to kick everything off than my weekly check in of good things for What’s Up Weekend with the Peaceful Posse! Here’s a look at the positive things from the past week.
(1) School’s out for the summer! Ollie did so great with his first year of school, we’re so proud of him. We’re excited to be back at the same Montessori in the Fall, but we’re looking forward to a great summer break for now!
(2) Tacos. Mmm, tacos. Need I say more?
(3) Having an extra day to pack and get ready for our trip. And having a couple of extra days after we get back to ease back into life at home. The last few trips we’ve taken we’ve had some time on either side and it’s worked so well, far less stress!
(4) Thrift shopping. I found some super cute shorts for Ollie. Nate found himself some shorts as well as he was finding he needed some new ones that fit a little better.
(5) Chickens. My sister-in-law is raising chickens and just finished building their chicken coop, so we went over last night to help get the chickens out of her basement and into their new home. Ollie absolutely loves the chickens, it’s pretty cute!
(6) The new Children’s Museum finally being open. We had a blast getting a sneak peek last Friday and can’t wait to spend more time there very soon.
(7) Exciting blog opportunities. I will have a post up soon partnering with my favorite shoe folks at Rhea Footwear again, I can’t wait to share more.
(8) Best Friends. It was National Best Friend day yesterday and I have to say I have some of the best around. My peeps let me be me,support me and lift me up and I cannot do life without them.
(9) #TBT Radio on Spotify. Each week they kind of pick a different era or have a theme. Yesterday was all sorts of the angsty pop rock from the early 2000’s (or as Nate likes to call it, whiny boy music, lol). It was fun to listen to songs I hadn’t heard in years from Avril Lavigne, Good Charlotte, Reel Big Fish, and others like that!
(10) Today is my last day of work for an entire week! YEAH BABY!
And looking ahead we have – vacation! Well, there will be a ton of prep going on tomorrow for said vacation. Then we’ll be off! I’ll have some posts up while I’m gone next week so be sure to stop by. Have a great weekend!