Friday! Yay! It felt like a little bit of a long week for such a short week, but we’ve made it to Friday and there was rejoicing throughout the land. Time for my weekly fun of looking back on the week and looking ahead to the weekend. Here are some things that I am grateful for this week.
(1) Sunny days, sweeping the clouds away. After kind of a rainy stretch last week we’ve enjoyed a nice amount of sunshine this week and it’s been lovely. I even had an opportunity to eat lunch outside yesterday and while I wish I could have been with my kiddo, I’ll take sunshine and 70’s for my lunch hour too!
(2) National Donut Day! We sort of celebrated yesterday knowing that our bakery would be nuts today. At any rate, I think every day should be donut day, but I’ll take a nationally recognized day as an excuse to have one!
(3) Playing with paper airplanes with Ollie. I love how something so simple is giving him immense joy right now!
(4) Experimenting with my clothes and having success. I’ve been playing around with my Lularoe pieces as I’m trying to really shop my own closet as mentioned earlier this week and I’m having a lot of fun with it. Today I decided to wear an Azure skirt as a top again. I used to not like the Azure skirt as well as some of the other items from LLR, but now that I’ve been playing around with it, I like it more!
(5) The new seasons of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and Master of None on Netflix. Master of None in particular is amazing.
(6) The newly remodeled Children’s Museum is open now for Sneak Peek previews for members and we get to go to a special Play Advocate gathering tonight after hours and I cannot wait for Ollie to see all the fun new stuff!
(7) Driving around with my sunroof open. Need I say more?
(8) Leinenkugel Summer Shandy. I am a beer snob, I will admit that completely, but I can’t help loving me some Summer Shandy in the summer. It’s my deck/lake beer.
(9) Sleeping with the windows open. We’ve had some nice cool nights lately that have made sleeping really comfortable. The fresh air is awesome.
(10) A clean and organized closet. I cleaned out my closet and dresser last weekend and put everything away again in a neat fashion – we’ll see how long it lasts but right now it’s been really easy to find things!
Looking ahead to the weekend things look pretty calm for the most part. We have the Children’s Museum tonight but that’s all that is planned. It’ll be nice to have kind of a quiet, calm weekend. Next weekend we will be busy getting ready for our vacation and then leaving! I can’t believe it came so fast! More on that later though! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!