Happy Friday!! And happy long weekend to all those in the US! I don’t know about you all, but I’m looking forward to a three day weekend! As usual I’m joining my friends in the Peaceful Posse for What’s Up Weekend, looking back at the week that was and looking ahead to the weekend. Here are the things that I’m grateful for/made me happy this week!
(1) A fresh blog design – I don’t know if you all noticed, but I kind of quietly revamped the blog look a little bit. I absolutely loved what my friend Amanda did with the blog a couple of years ago, but sometimes we need a new pair of shoes, so I decided to change it up a bit. I’m still working out a few kinks, but overall I’m happy with the fresh feel of it!
(2) A beautiful night at the park with my favorite three year old. Nate was helping his sister with a few things last night and because it was gorgeous out I took Ollie for a long walk to one of our nearby parks and we had a fun time playing at the playground and then walking by the pond and looking for turtles – we even found one!
(3) A free ice cream treat at work. Our fun committee had some extra funds and decided to treat everyone to ice cream goodies the other day. I had a Drumstick and I forgot how delicious those are!
(4) Supporting a good cause and enjoying a beer at the same time. Our good friends do a yearly fundraiser for the March of Dimes as thank you for the help they received when their five year old daughter was born prematurely. They host the event at a local brewery that donates from the beers purchased. We had a great time and it was good to see some friends from high school we haven’t seen in awhile.
(5) Reading a good book. I’ve been staying up too late a few nights this week finally getting to read Me Before You (yes I’m wayyyy late to the party on that one). I’ll have a review up soon because at the pace I’m going I’ll be done soon.
(6) Finally seeing La La Land. I know that there are camps of folks that either really loved it or really hated it. I’m putting myself in the camp of mostly loved it, although I think the latter half of the movie lacks the color and magic of the first half. I can see how the ending might be disappointing to some, but I think it makes sense. Overall I enjoyed it. I pretty much would see anything Emma Stone does though and Ryan Gosling is a definite bonus.
(7) This kid. He’s had so many threenager moments lately, but he’s had a better week this week and there are moments that he just says or does something that makes me laugh or smile. I’m so thankful he’s mine.
(8) Ollie’s school community. We went to a family picnic this week and it was nice to talk to a few of the other parents. It was also nice to hear compliments from the staff about Ollie. One of the teachers that he doesn’t really work with even came over to tell us that every morning Ollie stops by her classroom to say good morning and have a little chat before he goes to his classroom and how neat she thought that was.
(9) A victory at work. I’m on a committee that’s working on process management and how we can do things better as we prepare to move to a new building next year. We worked on a huge issue and got some support from upper management for a solution this week so we were pretty excited that our efforts paid off!
(10) Completing my step goal on my Fitbit two days this week. I have started wearing my Fitbit again and I’m trying to get more active, I was pretty jazzed to hit my goal twice, I’m hoping to make that more of a regular thing again!
And now looking into the long weekend we’ll be celebrating our anniversary tomorrow with dinner out while Ollie hangs out with his auntie. Nate is also going to brew a batch of beer as we look way ahead to this Fall’s Oktoberfest. The rest of the weekend we’ll take as it comes, not sure about the weather quite yet, hoping for mostly dry days! I hope you all have a great weekend!