We’ve made it to Friday, ye-ah! Seriously, it was a short week for me, but sure felt a bit long at times! I’m looking forward to a great weekend with fantastic weather, but first let’s look back at the week with my peeps in the Peaceful Posse for What’s Up Weekend. Here’s my weekly list of things that made me happy.
(1) I said it earlier this week in my trip recap, but I’m so proud of my little traveler. He did so well on the trip to Branson and took in so much in four short days and he did it all like a pro.
(2) Taking Monday off to recover from our trip. I wasn’t going to originally do so thinking I could save myself a vacation day, but at the last minute decided to do so. It was the right choice since we didn’t even walk into our house on Sunday night until about 10:30 pm! It was nice relaxing with my boys and decompressing after our travels!
(3) My very generous cousin sharing shoes with me that she no longer wants. If you’ve been with my blog since the old days when I was a “fashion blogger” you’ll know I have a cousin in the corporate world who often gives me hand me downs and guess what, you are NEVER too old for hand me downs. Especially when they are shoes in fantastic condition. I walked into my parents house this morning and it was like a shoe store waiting for me. I am pretty excited since I’m watching my dollars!
(4) Pizza night with my favorite little chef. We made homemade pizza last night and let Ollie help with everything, rolling out the crust, putting on toppings. He loved it. I think we have a new weekly tradition.
(5) Sunshine!! It was kind of cloudy and even a little rainy early this week, but it is sunny and gorgeous now and it’s going to continue into this weekend.
(6) New Lula goodies. My friend and Lula enabler Cyndy is doing something new where she will do a personal styling session for anyone who signs up and she’ll create a collection for you with what’s in her inventory and then she posts in a Facebook live video. I let her style for me and she did a fantastic job. I had to restrain myself from buying everything but I did select a couple of new things! Happy Mother’s Day to me!
(7) Getting my hair done. I’m so excited, I haven’t had my hair trimmed since late March and I haven’t had it colored since February. I get both done after work today and I cannot wait. Summer hair here we come!
(8) Fun family photos. At Ollie’s school fundraiser they had set up a photo booth and we finally got a chance to download the pictures this week. They turned out so cute even if my threenager was having a moment right before the picture was taken!
(9) Learning we get two extra days on our next vacation coming up. I thought for some reason we would only be staying in Itasca for three nights, but I have found out we are actually staying for five nights and now I’m extra excited for this next trip. It’s one of my favorite places in the world so I’ll take an extra day or two there!
(10) Freshly painted nails. I gave myself an at home manicure and pedicure last night and I love having fresh nails. I’m much more willing to pull out sandals now that my toes are painted. I’m so vain, ha! I think I’m getting pretty good at doing my own nails though!
And now looking ahead to the weekend we’ve got Mother’s Day. I told Nate I’m fine keeping it low key this year, my one request is for donuts. If I get some donuts I will be a happy mama! As I said, the weather is going to be fantastic so I think we’ll hit the disc golf course too. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
And to all fellow moms I wish you a very happy mother’s day. To all those missing your moms or children I send you love. And to those who wish you could be moms I send you peace. To all those who simply support moms, I send you thanks.