I have never been so happy to see a Friday. I have nearly survived my work week of Hell. Everything goes back to normal next week. In spite of it being a hectic, crazy and at times stressful week, I still have some things that were awesome or made me happy, so let’s go through that weekly list of fun for What’s Up Weekend with the Peaceful Posse!
(1) My book club ladies. We had the best meeting last night. We met in the community room of one of the members apartment building and did a make your own grilled cheese night – yum. We had a good conversation about how we all agree Ruth Bader Ginsburg is a National Treasure and needs to stick around at least another four years to the next election if she can do it. We all think we need to band together to protect her somehow, ha! Basically we all loved the book and she is now our new mascot I think. But lest you think we’re just serious, nope, there were plenty of conversations about silly things like where we go to get waxing done, what clothes we all wore back in school and what we’re each having for Easter meals which led to my favorite quote of the night “Jesus died for our cheesy potatoes you guys.” Another good quote, when discussing a retreat this summer at a cabin, one girl said “I’ll bring the cheese” as she was eating shredding cheese out of a bag. I have seriously found my people. I laughed a lot and it was just the release I needed after this week. I love my Nasty Women more than I can say.
(2) Fajitas and margaritas homemade by my awesome chef husband for dinner one night. I think it’s one of my favorite meals we make. He always uses leftover steak meat from another meal, marinade it and cook it up with a bunch of veggies. Nom. Nom. Nom.
(3) Finishing Parks and Rec for the second time and loving the finale just as much as I did the first time. And you guys, they predicted the Cubs winning the World Series last year right? Well they also have Joe Biden as president in 2025 on what I assume would be a second term. So hang in there, I think 2020 is going to be our year.
(4) Finding a random selfie on my phone from my little goober. I don’t know when he stole my phone or how he got into the camera, but this totally made me chuckle.
(5) Getting Ollie’s Easter basket finished up. I’m excited for him to find it on Sunday morning.
(6) Dance parties in the evenings. Ollie was being squirrely while Nate was making dinner one night so I started a Pandora station based on Jump by Kriss Kross. Best. Decision. Ever. Ollie is loving all that old school hip hop dance music from my youth. He’s down with OPP, yeah you know me. He mostly just jumps around and calls it dancing, but it’s been fun and gives me an extra energy boost to get through the rest of my evening on these long days!
(7) Cat snuggles. I have had about 45 minutes to an hour before Ollie comes home after I’m done with work this week and I’ve been planting myself on the couch while I wait and Taylor’s just loving that. I don’t often get to cuddle with her as much so I’ve been enjoying it. And then Pippin comes and sits with me when we watch TV at night. I will say, they say petting an animal can reduce stress and I think there is something to that.
(8) Minnesota Weather. It snowed on Monday morning. Enough to cover the ground completely in white. But it warmed up and the sun came out and by the end of the day – you’d never be able to tell. Our weather sure keeps us on our toes round here!
(9) Trying out a Hyvee grocery store. They’re new to MN and we don’t have one in our neighborhood yet (we will next year though) but we had a gift card for dinner at a restaurant by one of the new locations so we did our grocery shopping there this week. I’m in love. I really can’t wait for ours to open up!
(10) The Peaceful Posse group. I’ve made some great connections and I know I keep saying it, but they’ve really helped fuel my fire for blogging again, I can’t believe I’m back to posting five days a week, but I’ve been just feeling so inspired!
And there we go! This weekend we have Easter, I’ll be singing at the early morning Mass and then we’re doing a brunch meal with both my family and my in-laws. Saturday we have a birthday party for Jen’s Avery and Nate’s also going to make some Jamaican food. And I think I’ll be catching up on some sleep this weekend too! What a week. I wish you all a Happy and Blessed Easter!